Dr. Carl Jylland-Halverson, PSY.D., HSPP
Program Director, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Program Director, Pastoral Counseling
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology – Adler School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology – Adler School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Arts in Theology – University of Saint Francis
- Advanced Certificate in Pastoral Counseling – University of Saint Francis
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Psychology International Affairs – Northeastern Illinois University
- Indiana State Psychology Board
- Health Service Provider in Psychology (HSPP), License in Clinical Psychology
- Homelessness and youth
- Human trafficking
- Disaster mental health
Awards and Recognitions
- Excellence in Service Engagement Faculty/Staff Award – University of Saint Francis; April 2013
- Values in Action Award – University of Saint Francis; May 2009, September 2002
- Hometown Hero Award for service to lower Manhattan post Sept. 11 – American Red Cross of Northeast Indiana; March 2002
- Col. Kenneth Lebo Public Affairs Officer of the Year – Civil Air Patrol, Indiana Wing; 1998, 1999
- First Place in the Alliance for Community Media’s National Hometown Video Festival – Humane Education Advisory Council; 1997
- Title: The KIND Club Show
- Category: Children
- Division: Series
- Type: Non-professional
- Second place in the Community Access Network (CAN) Video Festival for the production of the KIND Club Show – Humane Education Advisory Council; 1997
- American Psychological Association
- Divisions 36: Society for the Psychology of Religion and Spirituality
- Division 56: Division of Trauma Psychology, charter member
- North American Society of Adlerian Psychology
- Fellowship of Christian Counselors of Northeast Indiana
- Jylland-Halverson, C. W. (November-December 2008). The joy of sacramental living: A Convert Reflects on Advent. Canticle: The Voice of Women of Grace.
- Jylland-Halverson, C. W. (2001, January 31). Volunteer finds peace at ground zero. The Journal Gazette.
- Jylland-Halverson, C. W. (May 2000). Squadron cohesion and the Civil Air Patrol. The CAP Leader.
- Jylland-Halverson, C. W., Stoner, R., & Till, S. (January 2000). Terrorism: the hostage negotiator’s ultimate challenge. The Law Enforcement Trainer, The Official Journal of the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers.
- Jylland-Halverson, C. W. (February 1998). AIDS education and adolescents: Social and behavioral science review. AIDS Task Force Newsletter.
- Jylland-Halverson, C. W., Conway, B., & Kerley, W. (December 1997). PLWAs and pet ownership, benefits and considerations. AIDS Task Force Newsletter.
- Jylland, C. W. (May 1995). “Special Needs” adoptions, the clinical challenge. Highlights: Technical Journal on Mental Health Care Issues.
- Pancner, R. J., & Jylland, C. W. (1994). Depression. In L. Sperry & J. Carlson (Eds.), Psychopathology and Psychotherapy (2nd ed.) Muncie: Accelerated Development.
- “An International Perspective on Working with Sexually Exploited Males” – 10th Annual International Human Trafficking, Prostitution, & Sex Work Conference, University of Toledo; September 2013
- “Human Trafficking: Love Restores,” keynote address – FCC Human Trafficking Conference, Fellowship of Christian Counselors; November 2012
Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “When is it not a privilege to grow up male? A multi-focused discussion on how and why the sexual exploitation of boys is often minimized or ignored” – Tata Institute of Social Sciences; July 2012
- “Application in Counseling in a Mental Health Setting: Self-Care,” public address – Universiti Malaysia Sarawak; July 2012
- Training seminar for counselors working with clients rescued from human trafficking – Mukti Network; June 2012
- “Homeless Youth: The Face of Vulnerability and Prostitution” – International Christian Alliance on Prostitution Global Conference; May 2011
Green Lake, Wis.
- “Developing Community-wide Psychological Response Protocol for Small Pox” – Disaster Mental Health Institute, University of South Dakota; September 2002
- “Suicidal Ideation, Actions and Interventions: A Guide for the Hostage Negotiator” – Fort Wayne Police Academy; February 2004
Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Crises Interventions for Chaplains and Search and Rescue Teams” – Great Lakes Region Conference, Civil Air Patrol; October 1999
- “Expecting the Unexpected, Terrorism and the Hostage Negotiator” – Fort Wayne Police Department Hostage Negotiation Team; April 1998
Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Spectrum of Violence, Spectrum of Hope,” keynote address – YWCA’s Agents of Change: Seventh Annual Domestic Violence Conference; November 1997
Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “The Effects of Child Sexual Abuse, an Adlerian Perspective,” presented with John Newbauer, Ed.D. – North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP) Conference; 1993
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Fellowship of Christian Counselors of Northeast Indiana – board member, 2012-present
- Behavioral and Social Science Volunteer (BSSV) – 2006-present
- U.S. Military Academy – admission representative
- West Point Field Force – ZIP Area Coordinator, 2001-2003
- City of Fort Wayne, Department of Animal Care and Control – mayoral appointee to the Humane Education Advisory Council (HEAC), 1996-2000, 2011
- Produced the KIND Club Show for the Fort Wayne Community Schools
- Allen County Department of Public Health – bioterrorism subcommittee member, 2001-2002
- Developed protocol for mental health responses to acts of bioterrorism
- Science Central – board member, 1996-1998
- Center for science, math and technology
View Carl Jylland-Halverson’s curriculum vitae.