Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation with a B.A. degree in Sociology and Social Justice, USF students will demonstrate:
- a basic understanding of the major themes, subfields, and persistent questions in the study of society.
- competency in social science research.
- the ability to analyze and interpret research data.
- the ability to present their research in a clear and concise manner.
The B.A. in Sociology and Social Justice degree requires 120 credit hours:
- 47-49 credit hours of general education courses
- 24 core credit hours in Sociology
- 3 credit hours in Community Studies
- 6 credit hours in Culture & Identity
- elective courses as needed
Program of Study
The B.A. in Sociology and Social Justice degree requires:
- Major core, 24 credit hours: SOCI 101, SOCI 230, SOCI 250, SOCI 302, SOCI 355, SOCI 395, SOCI 460, SOCI 480
- Community Studies, 3 credit hours from: SOCI 251, SOCI 252, SOCI 272, SOCI 410, SOCI 440
- Culture & Identity, 6 credit hours from: SOCI 135, SOCI 260, SOCI 450
Applicants must meet University of Saint Francis admission requirements.
Sociology and Social Justice majors must maintain a GPA of at least 2.0 and are required to earn a grade of “C” or better in all courses required by the major.
Sociology and Social Justice majors must meet USF graduation requirements.